Multiple User Accounts in Chrome

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password extension under different Chrome 'user' instances.

Comments

• Ian C Anderson
    Ian C Anderson
    Community Member
    Options

I use multiple Chrome windows at a time with different user accounts, and I'm still seeing this issue (on a new iMac with 1Password 4 installed, with the 1Password 4.0 extension installed for each Chrome user).

The extension only seems to work for the first Chrome window/user that I opened.
    When both windows are open, and I Cmd+/ to login to a site on the 2nd window, the 1password helper opens, but no website is 'guessed'/preselected and when I navigate to the correct site via Logins -> typing the name, the website is opened in the 1st Chrome window instead.

This is a big deal because 1password is not providing any convenience for me when using the 2nd window.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ian,

I moved your comment from a discussion on version 3 extensions to it's very own topic in the 1Password 4 for Mac category, just so we don't get things too muddled up.

Our developers are aware of this issue and are working to find a solution. In the meantime, if you'd like to help us track this down, please take a peek at Mike's post in the beta forum and see if you can confirm that your browser is exhibiting the same behaviour.

• teodeh
    teodeh
    Community Member
    Options

... another user having the same issue.

I can work around it by right-clicking the login field and selecting '1password'... then I get a mini-like popup which will populate the correct web page.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @teodeh,

Thanks so much for providing your workaround here. I'm glad to hear you've found something to make things easier while our developers work to find a proper solution. :)

• teodeh
    teodeh
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

This is better, but not fixed in 4.1 for me - when I have multiple logins saved for the same website, the same problem occurs and the same workaround still works :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @teodeh.

The issue you're having is in our bug tracker and mentions this discussion about it. I wish I could offer you a solution but am glad to hear the workaround is still possible.

Enjoy your holidays!

This discussion has been closed.