Multiple 1password on iOS device

WinchKing
WinchKing
Community Member

My iPad is used by hole of my family. At this moment I have 1x 1password4 and 2x 1password3 on my device. Now that the dropbox api for 1password3 does not work anymore, I want to have 2x 1password4 on my device. 1 connected to my dropbox and 1 connected to the dropbox of my wife.

I allready bought 1password4 for iOS, but I am not able to get 2 of them on my device. If I throw off 1password3 I will not be able to put them on again.

Does anyone have ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WinchKing,

Unfortunately there is no way to install an app more than once without resorting to some fancy jail-breaking techniques. The good news though is that we are currently working on bringing the multiple vault feature in 1Password 4 for Mac to 1Password 4 for iOS. Multiple vaults will allow you and your wife to maintain your own vaults and access them from the same iOS app.

I'm sorry that I don't have an immediate answer for you, but this is a feature we're hoping to have available soon - we appreciate your patience :)

• WinchKing
    WinchKing
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

Thanks @Megan for the reaction.

I have no jailbreak on my devices. I have 1password4, 1password3 and 1password3 pro installed.

What do you mean by multiple vaults? One user with one OR separate logins to more vaults like private, work, shared etc.? Or multiple user with seperate logins to different vaults of seperate keychains?

In 1password4 for mac I did not get the last working and are looking for a family license.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WinchKing,

Your solution of having multiple versions of 1Password installed for each of your family members is a pretty unique one. Good thinking. :)

We've got a blog post that explains a bit about multiple vaults, but essentially it is a way to organize your Logins. It would allow you to create separate vaults for each family member with a separate Master Password. Each vault has its own sync settings, so that your vault can sync to your dropbox, and your wife's can sync to hers. For your wife to open her vault on the Mac, she will click 1Password > Switch to Vault, and select her vault from the list. (I expect this behaviour will be similar for iOS when it is available.)

Please note that the Master Password of the primary vault (yours) will unlock all the secondary vaults as well.

I hope this helps, but if you need any further clarification (I know vaults can be a bit complicated), we're here for you!

• WinchKing
    WinchKing
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

Hi @Megan,

It sounds wrong that I can have full access to my wifes passwords by putting them in a shared vault to add my wifes vault as a shared vault.

I understand this will work for me when
    this functionality will be available for iOS and Android.

I think it would be nicer and more secure by adding the possibility for every non primary vault to connect to an other sync/dropbox account and disable the possibility for access to a non primary vault with the master password of the primary vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WinchKing,

You're right, multiple vaults in its current form isn't quite a perfect solution to your situation, but it might be the best we can do for a while.

Currently, non-primary vaults do have sync settings independent of the primary vault, so that they can be synced and shared individually. I will however, pass along your feedback about disabling access to secondary vaults via the primary vault's master password. You're not the only one who would prefer this type of behaviour. :)

This discussion has been closed.