What to purchase?

Rickjmiv
Rickjmiv
Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro, My wife has a Windows (7) laptop and we both have iPads and iPhones. What do I need to purchase to protect everything? Do I need the Mac version, the Windows Version and 1 or 2 mobile (iPad/iPhone) versions? Is there any discounts for multiple purchases?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited December 2013

Hey @Rickjmiv,

AgileBits licenses are per-user, and per-platform. I'll outline the options for you.

For Mac & Windows:

• You could buy the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle at the AgileBits web store. If you only have one Mac and one Windows PC, you could probably just purchase the single user license. If both you and your wife will need to install 1Password on multiple Macs/PCs, then you should go for the family license.
    • If you prefer to buy 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store (if iCloud syncing is very important to you, this might be a good idea), then you can make the purchase on the MAS, and email AgileBits at support@agilebits.com (with a copy of your MAS receipt) to get the bundle price on the Windows version separately.

It's also worth noting that any purchase of 1Password for Windows now includes a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it's released.

For iPhone & iPad:

• 1Password for iOS is a universal app (works on both iPhone & iPad) available in the App Store. Purchases made through Apple are tied to the Apple ID used to make the purchase. So all your iPhones and iPads can use this one purchase as long as they are signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you need any more details! :)

• Rickjmiv
    Rickjmiv
    Community Member

Thanks - this was very helpful and answered all my questions.

• You're welcome! Glad I could help. :D

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

It's also worth noting that any purchase of 1Password for Windows now includes a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it's released.

My sister-in-law has a 2010-vintage 1P/Win license and she just got a Mac. If she upgrades her 1P/Win to a 1P/Win + 1P/Mac bundle, will her bundle license entitle her to 1Password 4 on both platforms?

While we’re on the subject of licenses, are family licenses restricted to personal, non-commercial use only, or can my wife and I each use 1Password in our respective businesses under a family license?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If she upgrades to a Mac+Windows bundle she will get 1Password 4 for Windows FREE when it becomes available. (Otherwise, she would need to pay to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows.) The upgrade would obviously also include a license for the current version 4 of 1Password for Mac. :)

Licensing is per-person, and there is no restriction on where a licensed user can use the license. A Mac family license covers 5 people in the same household on as many Macs as they use — at home, work, or anywhere else — as long as they are they only users of 1Password on those machines. A Mac+Windows bundle family license would cover any PCs at work (and home) as well.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Thanks, Khad—that's just what we all needed to know!

Most family licenses (Microsoft Office 3-pack, OS-X and iWork family packs back in the day, etc.) are restricted to non-commercial use, and so are applications purchased from the Mac App Store by ordinary people (as opposed to businesses and schools, whose App Store licenses come with a different set of restrictions). You guys are in a class all your own.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You guys are in a class all your own.

It's very kind of you to say. Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.