Feature Request: Combinations Category

Options
Axelrod
Axelrod
Community Member

I have a bunch of door codes, safes, and good old-fashioned combo locks; it would be nice to have a separate category for such data so I don't have to continue to dump them into Secure Notes...

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Aren't these essentially Passwords?

• Axelrod
    Axelrod
    Community Member
    Options

There is no "Passwords" category. There is only the special pseudo (or smart) category of "Generated Passwords," which is reserved for codes auto-generated by 1Password. This app, no matter how clever, is not going to be able to come up with combo lock or door codes for us!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I have the category called Passwords, and I've manually created entries there. Perhaps it appears in a beta release, not yet available to you.

• Axelrod
    Axelrod
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I have the category too, it is just that the documentation is clear that this is not actually called "Passwords", but actually "Generated Passwords". It is not what it appears to be! Instead, it is apparently a smart folder containing all the passwords that have been auto-generated by 1Password. I would be reluctant to put my own unique and mission-critical data in a category that works like that.

learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Features/Vault/ios-category-types.html

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Your reference is to the IOS version, but we're in the Mac OS forum.

The Password category is not just for automatically created passwords:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/99009/#Comment_99009

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17592/password-category

If this was the case, there would be no File > New Item > Password menu item. Use it as you wish, and maybe label your own entries so they are distinguishable from auto-gen'd items.

This discussion has been closed.