Stupid question before I buy

Options
slint42
slint42
Community Member

Hi, this program seems like a great idea and I want to buy it, but I have a stupid question.

What happens if somehow I find myself without my phone or laptop and in need of accessing one of my accounts from a third-party computer? What if I've replaced all of my passwords with impossible-to-remember passwords generated by 1password? I suppose it would be necessary to keep my email accounts and secret question answers in my biological memory so that I can reset other passwords in an emergency, right?

Sorry, I just have this fear. I don't have much of an understanding of how exactly this app works, but all I know is that right now I routinely use usernames from some sites as passwords on other sites, and vice versa, and that can't be a good thing.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey @slint42,

That's a great question. I personally have my iPhone with me (almost) always, and I've never been in a situation without my passwords. But if you don't always carry your phone, or end up with a dead battery, there's something called 1PasswordAnywhere.

If you sync 1Password using Dropbox, you can access 1PasswordAnywhere on Dropbox.com in any modern web browser. This gives you easy access to all your 1Password data from pretty much any computer. To use 1PasswordAnywhere, you're required to memorize two passwords (your Dropbox password and your master password).

Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.