iOS Data Restore through Windows Using Dropbox - File Sharing in iTunes

Options
awh
awh
Community Member

Hi,

I have just purchased the latest 1Password on my iPhone 5, I use File Sharing in iTunes to backup my 1Password data (i.e. I do not use Dropbox or iCloud) onto my Windows 7 PC. I would like to find out how I can restore my 1Password data on an iOS device. The below link spells it out:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-send-data-file-to-itunes.html#windows-markdown

However, the link above says I need to move the 1Password data into Dropbox USING 1PASSWORD on my Windows 7 PC . I do not have 1Password on my Windows PC and do not intend to purchase the PC version of the 1Password software, can I simply move the 1Password data (*.agilekeychain) into Dropbox without using your 1Password PC software? Would that let me retrieve the data when I do a restore on an iOS device?

Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @awh,

Thanks for being so detailed in your original post :) I'm glad to see that you found the Windows version of the Restore article (that's where most people get tripped up.)

You're right, you can manually move the 1Password.agilekeychain file into Dropbox. The default location for the datafile is Dropbox/1Password, so you'll want to create a 1Password folder to put the 1Password.agilekeychain file in, just to make it easier for 1Password 4 for iOS to find.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know!

• awh
    awh
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, thank you very much for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @awh,

You're so welcome - have a happy Holiday season :)

This discussion has been closed.