Corrupted file makes 1Password Anywhere not work? [resolved, renamed/moved 1P keychain]

Options
marshbur
marshbur
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I've used 1Password Anywhere quite a bit in the past. It has stopped working and I'm now getting the error message about the encryptionKeys.js file when I click on the 1Password.html file in Dropbox, accessed through the web. I had a situation where syncing to Dropbox wasn't working for a while from one of my Macs, an iMac running Mountain Lion. A MacBook Pro that I've upgraded to Mavericks had no such problem. That error from the iMac seems to have sorted itself out, but the error in using 1Password Anywhere has persisted. Is this a case where I need to delete things in Dropbox and resync? That seemed to be the closest thing I saw in any discussions in this forum. The error seems to be the standard one most people get if they try to access 1Password Anywhere from their local Dropbox folder, but I'm trying to run from the Dropbox website. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @marshbur.

I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing your 1Password data keychain using 1PasswordAnywhere directly on the Dropbox web site. Can you verify that the name of that keychain is 1Password.agilekeychain since 1PasswordAnywhere will have issues when it has other names? If it does have that name then we'll move on to the next steps to resolve this. Thanks!

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much for the reply, @sjk, which I just noticed. In DropBox, my 1Password data starts with 1Password.agilkeychain_folder, so that may be the issue, although this was working for probably more than a year. It's also at the root of my DropBox, not under a 1Password folder as I've seen recommended. Do I need to reset synching to put things right? Thanks for your help

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member
    Options

I probably should also mention that I'm using the 1Password 4 Beta, so I should have probably posted this into that discussion forum. Let me know if that makes a difference in the issue I'm seeing. Thanks very much.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @marshbur.

As you've noticed, the recommended location for the first (if any) 1Password keychain used with Dropbox syncing is:

Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

That's 1Password.agilekeychain inside a 1Password subfolder inside your Dropbox root folder. There may be additional 1Password keychains in Dropbox, e.g. being synced with secondary vaults in 1P4 on a Mac.

Which system(s)/device(s) are you currently using Dropbox syncing with 1Password?

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member
    Options

I've got two different Macs, a MacBook Pro from a few years ago and an iMac from last year, both on Mavericks, then an iPhone and an iPad, both on iOS7. I have only ever used one vault with 1Password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @marshbur.

I'd like to email you specific steps for moving your 1Password keychain in Dropbox after seeing a Diagnostics Report from your iMac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" after receiving it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I've just sent in the Diagnostics Report. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Report received, @marshbur -- thanks! More details coming soon in email. :)

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member
    Options

Just to close the loop in this forum. I received the details and ran the procedure you outlined, and everything works now. Thanks very much for the very detailed help! :D

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure, @marshbur. I'm glad all went smoothly for you.

Thanks again for your followup here and in email. To finish closing the loops I'll close this topic now, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.