1Password 4 interface inconvenience - no way to make "notes" field big

Options
lodean
lodean
Community Member

I'm using 1Password for storing all my confidential information, not only passwords. And previous version (1Password 3 for mac) works great for this. I store big and wide texts in "Secure Note" type items - in "notes" field. And I set "view" in which I see list of such items on top of screen, and my very big texts inside "Secure Note" expands on full wide of my monitor.

But after I upgraded to 1Password 4, there is no way to position list of items on top.
And "notes" content occupy only third of my screen, I don't know why (there is always big white space between list of items on the left and content of Secure Note on the center).

I need a feature that was in 1Password 3 and was gone in 1Password 4 - to view big text "notes" of my "Secure Note" items on full wide of my monitor.

How can we solve this problem?

Thank you!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lodean,

If I understand your description, it sounds like you're asking about the layout options in 1Password 3 that allowed you to display your items as a multi-column display in the upper portion of the application window.

If so, that layout option wasn't included in the initial release of 1Password 4. However, we bought it back in a recent update! In version 4.1 you can switch to that layout by going to View > Item List Layout > Top.

To get the update:

• In our web site version of 1Password 4, go to the menu for 1Password 4 > Check for Updates
    • In the Mac App Store version of 1Password 4, open MAS and check the Updates section

I hope that helps!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @lodean.

Thanks for bringing up this issue.

there is no way to position list of items on top.

A new option is available in 4.1:

• Added the option to display your items as a multi-column display (View->Item List Layout->Top).

However, with Top layout you'll probably see less text in the notes fields of items than with Left layout.

I'll file an improvement request for increasing the amount of viewable notes field text in both layouts.

• lodean
    lodean
    Community Member
    Options

I'll file an improvement request for increasing the amount of viewable notes field text in both layouts.

Will be waiting for that.

And, can you file an improvement request for increasing viewable size of notes field on "Database" type of record also?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @lodean.

I've filed a request to expand notes field text, in general, to take more advantage of unclaimed whitespace. :)

This discussion has been closed.