Installation complete but Main App Won't Open

Options
OntheRoadian
OntheRoadian
Community Member

Downloaded 1password from the App Store. Had previously been using a trial version from the AG bits website on previous macs, syncing with Dropbox and iCloud for min when I had trouble with Dropbox, but currently have only Dropbox sync setup and only Dropbox files. After downloading the app, it opened fine, but the little icon in applications showed the downloading bar for the next half hour, all throughout the installation of other programs and setup, as this was a clean install of the OS (Mavericks on a Macbook Pro 2010 which has been buggy all around since Maverick.) However, despite the progress bar, I was able to open the main app, set up preferences, pull in my 1password.agilebits.keychain file from dropbox, access my passwords, etc. I even have made backups after closing and restarting (after getting the error you get when your mini isn't in sync with the main app upon inital download. I repaired permissions after finishing overall setup, restarted and 1password mini is open and accesible. I got a notification from OSX that a backup was made, but the app itself is blurred out with an empty progress line through it. When I go to the app store it says an error has occurred and gives me no option to re download or basically do anything. I would contact apple, but frankly, I am sick of contacting them and getting talked to like an idiot for simply trying to use one of their computers that I spent good money as I have been for years prior. Any idea what is causing this error? I would at least like to get my password app running so I can get a bootable backup for when my machine inevitably spirals into kernel panics in a week or two so I don't have to spend another day wrestling with it.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @OntheRoadian.

I'm sorry you're having trouble opening 1P4 that you downloaded from the Mac App Store.

Have you tried uninstalling it using Launchpad (this won't touch your 1Password data), then reinstalling it from App Store? If that doesn't fix the problem please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and we can help you through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.