Please clearly indicate what OS versions 1Password versions work with on your site.

SJMvideo
SJMvideo
Community Member
edited December 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
  • 1Password 4 works only with Mountain Lion and Maverics. That's clear.
  • If I have Snow Leopard or Lion, I must use 1Password 3. That's clear.

I currently have a 1Password 3 license. If/when I upgrade to Maverics will I need to upgrade to 1Password 4?
In other words, it is not clear what the maximum level of Mac OS 1Password 3 will work on. Saying that if I have SL or Lion I must use 1P3 does not indicate anything about 1P3s ability to run on later versions of Mac OS.

It took me over an hour to finally give up and write this message since I couldn't find anything helpful on the web site to address this issue. I would prefer not to spend the money now (1P4 looks really great, but not great enough to justify spending the money if I don't need to) but I don't want to loose the special 50% discount for legacy owners because I waited too long.

Thanks for your help.
Steven

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SJMvideo,

I would like to apologize for the trouble here. I'll be sure to talk to our documentation team and see if we can't make this a bit more clear on our website. In the meantime, 1Password 3 will work just fine with Mavericks. Believe me, I certainly understand not wanting to spend a lot (particularly at this time of the year!) but I must warn you: the 50% upgrade price is a limited time offer, so now would be a good time to take advantage of the deal. :)

This discussion has been closed.