Newly Purchased 1Pwd iPhone cannot find iCloud data from 1Pwd 4.1 Mac

Options
jhhartley
jhhartley
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on 2 Macs (Mountain Lion) for a few weeks now. Syncing between them using iCloud. Decided to purchase it for iPhone (iOS 6). The iPhone version has never been able to find the iCloud data. I have iCloud Documents and Data on. I do not have iCould Backup enabled, because I keep my usage down by backing photos directly to my Mac. My Reminders and other apps sync through iCloud just fine.

On my phone, I can go to iCloud -> Storage and Backup -> Manage Storage, and see the onepassword database there. Why can't 1Password find it? What am I missing?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jhhartley,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password to see your data on your iOS device. Let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, if it doesn't automatically find your iCloud data, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via iCloud.

Please let me know how this works!

• jhhartley
    jhhartley
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Found the iCloud data the first time... on the second installation attempt. FYI, didn't need to use the "I've Used 1Password Before" option. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jhhartley,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out :) If you run into any further snags, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.