First impression

Options
CootjeNL
CootjeNL
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Android

Hi Agilebits,

Let me start with a thank you. Thank you for sharing this beta with me. As a professional tester I'm excited to test someone else's software instead of the software for my company ;-).

My first impressions is very good. You did a great job adapting the Android guidelines to your app. The look and feel is so much beter that the "reader". In the first 5 minutes of testing I had one crash. I already send the report to the developers. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy to reproduce. I will keep trying though.

At this moment the first thing I miss is navigation buttons on the website. Normally I would use the back button, but (ofcourse) the back button now returns to the 1Password app.

I will continue to use/try/test this app and will share my thoughts with you. Again, a very good start! Tnx.

Comments

• CootjeNL
    CootjeNL
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

I found an issue I think.
    I opened Secure Notes and started searching using the magnify button. When I was ready I pressed the magnify button on my keyboard, there were no results (correct, because I made a typo). No I was unable to clear the filter. I had to go back to Categories and press Secure Notes again to see my notes. I would be great if the search filter could be cleared.

Edit: It seems to be a general search issue

Edit 2: I think you should always be able to close the app with the back button. Now it just opens the menu and another press closes the menu.

Edit 3: The icons in the menu "add category" have nice icons. But when selecting a category to add, you always see the icon of the database.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @CootjeNL!

We've just released a new build, hopefully you'll see it soon if you haven't already. Please let me know if you're still seeing the same search issue, and if so, any other information about it you may have and we'll check into it on our side. Thanks so much! :)

• CootjeNL
    CootjeNL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AgileKelly,

Today I updated the app and unfortunately all the issues I addressed still exists. I'll keep trying with the next releases.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @CootjeNL,

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. What device and version of Android are you using? I'm on a 2013 Nexus 7 and 4.4.2, so when I try to walk through your steps, this is what I see:

I can clear the search using the X in the text box (highlighted in green) and I'm not seeing the magnifying glass on my keyboard. Can you show me what you're seeing, or tell me how it's different from what I have? Hopefully it's an easy thing we can get sorted out. :)

This discussion has been closed.