Safari Extension won't install

Options
Chris Harknett
Chris Harknett
Community Member

Hi there,

After having downloaded 1Password 4 on the mac app store, I tried to install the safari extension, but it keeps coming up saying it can't find the app installed on my computer, which it obviously is. Why would this be and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is merely a hunch, so sorry if it's wrong, but you haven't moved 1P4 out of the Applications folder where it installed, have you?

If that's not the answer and you have not rebooted following installation of 1P4 then try rebooting and see if that helps.

Stephen

• cchonig
    cchonig
    Community Member
    Options

Everytime I try to install the safari extension for 1P4 by clicking the big green buttonI get that for 1P3.
    Can anybody please tell me where that for 1P4 can be found?
    C

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@cchonig, try here.

Stephen

• cchonig
    cchonig
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen !
    took your advice and it worked like a dream.
    I don't understand it, but thanks a lot, Claes.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

So pleased it worked for you, Claes.

Stephen

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to install the 1Password 4 extension in Safari, I get an error saying

"Safari can't install this extension
    An error occurred while installing the extension "1password"

I get no further information.The same error occurs if I click on the downloaded extension or use the large green install button directly from a Safari page. Running OS X 10.9, Safari v7.0. I have also tried resetting Safari.

Please help.

• p2casey
    p2casey
    Community Member
    Options

Found your thread after hours of trial and error. Worked for me too. Thank you Stephen!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kmart05,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I've merged your post with an existing discussion in the hopes that your issue is the same as is solved here. By any chance do you have Safari installed in a location other than /Applications? Due to sandboxing regulations put into place by Apple, this can cause problems. Please try moving Safari to Applications folder and see if you are able to install the extension.

• dgorrell
    dgorrell
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problems on my MacBook Pro as the previous posters. The installation of 1P4 and the Safari Extension worked fine on my iMac, but the MBP continues to fail to properly install the Safari extension. (I have installed the Chrome extension and it works as expected.)

With Safari I get "1Password must be installed" (even though the app is in the computer Applications folder) or I get "Safari can't install this extension" or it appears to install and the icon is present, but there is no response when the icon is accessed - no pop-up, no field fill - nothing. Additionally, the new Mac menubar icon shows all the current data but does not fill any fields nor allow a Copy from the stored data. So far, I do not see a fix in the above posts and responses.

I am using the application called "1Password 4" and have two folders in Application Support, "1Password" and "1Password 4". (The 1Password folder shows a Modified Date of August 2012.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dgorrell,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

It sounds to me like you might have two versions of 1Password installed. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from the computer that's giving you trouble?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.