Mini inducing that I have only 29 days left in my trial

Options
dradubois
dradubois
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user for years, and ma currently receiving messages when I open the mini indicating that I have only xx days left. I do go to the Help menu and troubleshooting, and restart the mini. However, after shutting down my computer and restarting the next day...I have received the same message? Thanks for your help

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @dradubois.

Which version of 1P4 are you current running? Our back office doesn't have a record of your 1P4 Mac license for the webstore version and the MAS version doesn't require/use one.

• Bill Sanders
    Bill Sanders
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if I am experiencing the same "Mini" issue but I too am seeing the message 29 days left when I open 1Password from either Mini or from the dock. I am running Version 4.1.2.BETA-3 (412003) and I'm seeing this message on both of my Macs. I did have my license info sent to my email account but I'm apparently not doing something right when I try to update the license. If I am in the wrong place to resolve this issue please send me to the correct location.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Bill659651.

The information here should help resolve your problem:

License Prompt in 1Password for Mac Beta

Cheers!

• Bill Sanders
    Bill Sanders
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thank you! Believe it or not I'm not sure if the version I'm running came from the app store or from your website. You see some time ago I bought 1p for my iMac. I did not know the app store and your website were not cooperating with each other and so I wound up buying the app again for my other Mac. So the bottom line is I have two points of purchase and I think two licenses. I just chalked it up to not being tech savy enough and moved on. Now I'm on my MacBook Pro and seeing the 29 day message. I'll try to work through this by going to where you suggest. I'm not too certain I'll get this resolved without bothering you guys more. Is there a way to tell where I purchased a license?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Bill659651.

Similar to the issue with @dradubois, our back office doesn't have a record of your 1P4 Mac license for the webstore version (under the email address you're registered with on this forum and some other places I've checked).

Please don't hesitate to "bother" us if you need more help with this or anything else. :)

• Bill Sanders
    Bill Sanders
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I did purchase a 1p3 license a while back and participated in the beta releases for 1p4. Do I need to purchase a 1p4 license now or is the upgrade to 1p4 part of my original license?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Bill659651.

If you're still running 4.1.2.BETA-3 the applicable usage/purchase/upgrade scenarios are described in this article I referred to earlier:

License Prompt in 1Password for Mac Beta

If you've previously purchased 1Password (3 or 4) from the Mac App Store then you simply need to make sure 1P4 MAS is installed before [re]starting 4.1.2.BETA-3 so the MAS purchase receipt can be detected and copied.

If you've never purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, or a 1P4 Mac license from the the Agile Web Store, your options are a 1P4 MAS purchase or a 1P4 Mac webstore license upgrade from 1P3.

I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.