To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi I have forgotten my master password and I need to start from the beginning

bsouthwood
bsouthwood
Community Member

Hi I have forgotten my master password and I need to start from the beginning. I've tried generating a whole bunch of passwords that I think could be right but haven't been able to.

I'd like to start again or cancel my subscription to 1password. How do I go about doing this? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi there @bsouthwood, ah ding dang - you forgot the only password you need to remember! Well, it happens and unfortunately as you've found out, the only way forward is to start over. I have sent you a request to delete your account, just now.
    If you could follow the link in that request email, it will delete the account for you - allowing you to sign up again at https://1password.com/sign-up

Please do let me know when you're done so we can transfer the unused balance from the old account you're about to delete, to the new one you setup afterwards. If I could give one little tip, when you create your new account - print off your Emergency Kit and write your Master Password on it. Obviously, making sure that you keep it in a very safe place.

• bsouthwood
    bsouthwood
    Community Member

Hi @Doodler_Benji, I've deleted and resubscribed. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for letting me know @bsouthwood, I've credited your new account with the balance left over from the deleted account.
    You're most welcome, if you ever need us - we'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.