Can't add family member to shared vault

reebs26
reebs26
Community Member

I set up a shared vault today on my family vault and tried to invite my husband. On the invite screen, it says pending next to his name. When I go click his name, it says

Failed to update vault accessors.
ServerError: Failed to add vault access. Cannot handle request. (110)
Session: HDUNN3WIYFCR5N6PTESQFPLNIE
Time: 2019-01-12 13:22:12 -06:00

What do I need to do. Of note, I am not the organizer of the family.

While I've got you here, the reason I want to do this shared account is to migrate his private vault's content over to my private vault b/c we need to access each other's data and don't want it visible to the account owner. Is there an easier way to migrate things? And if we decide to start a whole new family subscription for just us, is there any easy way to migrate to that either?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't add family member to shared vault

Comments

• Hey @reebs26,

It sounds like he hasn't been Confirmed yet - the family Organizer will need to do that before you can invite him to a shared vault.

Starting your own family subscription just for the two of you is definitely an option as well. If you choose to sign up your own account, you'll be able to sign into both accounts in one of the 1Password apps, and then you can move your data between the accounts: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items

Let me know if that helps or if you have any more questions.

This discussion has been closed.