Website 'open and fill' not functioning.

robmclear
robmclear
Community Member

I'm running current versions of MacOS, Safari, and 1Password. On several of my computers, the website open and autofill feature works fine.

On one MacBook Air, nothing I do will trigger 1Password to open a website and fill passwords. I have tried using the 1Password mini dropdown, using the command-\ shortcut, clicking on the 'open and fill' button in 1Password, and double clicking on the item in 1Password. At most, the action will return me to Safari but will not open the website.

If I open a website manually by typing, for instance: netflix.com in the URL field, then the website will load, and then command-\ will correctly fill my id and password.

For troubleshooting, I have followed suggestions found here to completely quit 1Password. I have deleted the app completely from the computer, re-downloaded it, and reinstalled it with no improvement. I have removed all other Safari extensions from this computer so 1Password is the only installed extension.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

-Rob

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @robmclear! I'm not sure what might be causing that kind of issue on your MacBook Air, so to get a better look, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#SZW-76661-783]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @robmclear only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: SZW-76661-783

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@robmclear - actually, one thing I'd check before you send in your diagnostics report -- is 1Password installed in your main Applications folder? If not, you'll need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and move it there, because we're now a fully-sandboxed application, and the extension functionality won't work at all if you have 1Password 7 for Mac installed in a different location, even ~/Applications.

• robmclear
    robmclear
    Community Member

It is installed in /Applications. I sent in the diagnostic report by e-mail as requested. I don't see it attached to the conversation here yet, so let me know if it did not get submitted correctly, the Troubleshooting App seemed very buggy, would not create an e-mail just gave me a bunch of errors.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@robmclear - apologies for the confusion; the report itself won't be attached to this discussion in the actual public forum, but it does help us connect the dots behind the scenes, especially if you send the diagnostics report from an email address other than the one you used to register for this forum (which happens more often than you might imagine). We're taking a look, and myself or a colleague will reply via email. Thanks! :)

• robmclear
    robmclear
    Community Member

Actually you are correct, the report was sent from my other e-mail address; I did add the requested [] ID to the subject line.

• robmclear
    robmclear
    Community Member

Any update on this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@robmclear - I'm sorry for the delay. I'm currently having the development team look into this one, and although I don't have any information for you immediately, we hope to soon. Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.