How to transfer vaults from one computer to another ?

vels
vels
Community Member

Ive recently got a new machine. My old machine was c. 6 years old and instead of creating a Time Machine backup and restore, i chose to manually transfer across my data, and re install all the programmes.

Ive installed 1password from the Mac App Store, but i cant figure out how to get my data across and imported into 1P on the new machine.

I dont use icloud / drobpox etc for syncing 1P so will have to transfer it across using a USB stick.

Any ideas ?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vels - what you're referring to is called Folder Sync -- and it's something that's been available for years. Just follow these instructions and you should be all set. Let us know how that works for you! :)

• vels
    vels
    Community Member

Thanks Lars

I’ve already gone through the welcome screen and synced a Dropbox vault, so now I want to add the local vault I’ve just transferred to the new machine.

In the guide linked above it has instructions to add the local vault from the welcome screen, but if I’m past that do you know where I can add it from ?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vels - if you've got an OPVault keychain that you've moved over onto your new Mac, you can simply double-click it, and it should open in 1Password. You'll need the vault password to be able to add it.

This discussion has been closed.