Locked out of family account

sfmatthews
sfmatthews
Community Member

My wife and son on are a family account and I am a disabled user on that account. She attempted to change her password and is now locked out of the account. She has the secret, but obviously changed the password to something other than what she thought she did. I have her password backed up in the 1pw format as well as csv format, but I need to be able to get back in the account to re-import the passwords. Please provide steps for doing so.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sfmatthews

Am I correct in understanding that your son is the only one who currently can access his account? Is he a Family Organizer? If so he should be able to re-enable your account (if it is suspended) and / or help your wife recover her account.

Recover accounts for family or team members | 1Password

We are unable to recover anyone's account for them. Only a Family Organizer on the membership can assist with that.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• To add: if your son is indeed the only one with access and is not a Family Organizer... it seems the only way forward would be to sign up for a new membership, have your son copy his data over, import whatever data you've exported, and then email our sales team (sales@1password.com) for help deleting the old membership.

Ben

• sfmatthews
    sfmatthews
    Community Member

Ben,

There is no way to reset our account and blow away all data in it? It seems weird to have to close the old account an open a new one.

Thanks, Steven

• @sfmatthews

Doing it that way would delete all of your son's data... I didn't assume that you wanted to do that, seeing he still has access to his account at the moment. But if that is what you'd prefer to do, and your son is not a Family Organizer, please email us at the above mentioned address for help deleting the membership. The email will need to come from an active Family Organizer on the account.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.