No option to SYNC in menu; using trial version and MacOS 10.14.2 and want to sync iPhone and iPad

mboulden2
mboulden2
Community Member

Before I purchase 1PW7 I want to ensure it can sync either locally or at least on iCloud. When I click on 1PW7 Preferences, there is no option to SYNC. I have 3 days left on my trial and need to resolve this asap. I do NOT want to pay monthly fees. I have used 1PW6 (and even 5) for the past 3 years at least and loved it and recommended it to many people but right now I am ready to research other password apps if I can't resolve this SYNC issue. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: WAN or iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:No option to SYNC in menu; using trial version and MacOS 10.14.2 and want to sync iPhone and iPad

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mboulden2! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you open 1Password's Preferences and you see no Sync tab, then you have created a 1password.com account. 1Password accounts sync via the 1password.com servers, not iCloud or any other method. If you want to continue with the 1password.com account you already have set up, you can pay annually instead of monthly. Sign into your account in a browser at https://my.1password.com and click the Billing tab in the right sidebar, and you can make any adjustments you wish.

If you're certain you want a standalone license, then you will need to create a standalone vault, migrate your data to that vault, sign out of your account in 1Password 7 for Mac and make sure you remove your billing method in your account at https://my.1password.com and finally click the "Read Only" button inside 1Password 7 for Mac (on any of your items), which will take you to our FastSpring store to purchase your standalone license. They're currently on sale at the "launch special" price of $49.99, which is over 23% off the regular retail price of $64.99. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.