To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iTunes and Family membership

Options
thepixelboy
thepixelboy
Community Member

Hi!

I'm new to the 1Password family.

I've recently join it using the iOS subscription offer for 6 months and I would like to suggest my wife join using the same method. My question is, Would it be possible later to change my account to a family account? If not, what would it be the best method to achieve it?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @thepixelboy,

It is possible to change account types, but doing so requires switching to direct billing. That is a process our sales team would need to help you with via email (sales@1password.com). Unfortunately it is not possible to switch account types and be billed by Apple.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• thepixelboy
    thepixelboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben

So, If I understood you right, before my 6 month subscription ends I would need to suspend my iTunes subscription, contact sales to change my account to direct billing and update it to a Family Membership, suspend my wife's renewal on iTunes and invite her to join the family account. Am I right?

Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

Correct. :+1: As a final step your wife would need to copy all the data from her existing account to the new account within your family membership and then delete the old account.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.