vlan from new mac

Options
agaray
agaray
Community Member

I have a new Mac and would like to enable the VLAN server to sync with my Android phone.
When I try to sync the Android phone seems to be looking for the old Mac and ignoring the new one.
This is the message I get:

_Resolving service name: 11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111@My MacBook Pro, type: _1password4._tcp., host: null, port: 0, txtRecord: )... Discovery started for _1password4._tcp.
Ignoring service 22222222-2222-2222-2222-222222222222@My MacBook Pro 2
Can't connect. Open 1Password on your computer and ensure WLAN server is running.
_

I'm running Version 6 on my Mac and trying to sync to my phone (running version 7).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vlan from new mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@agaray: The client (mobile app, 1Password for Android in this case) cannot be paired with more than one server (the computer) for syncing via the WLAN Server feature. You'll need to reinstall 1Password or Android and set it up to sync with that computer if you want to pair the two of them to sync going forward.

• agaray
    agaray
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer @brenty , I suggest to incorporate a way to disconnect old WLAN servers so we can connect new computers by replacing the old one.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. You can accomplish that by turning off syncing and re-enabling it. :+1: Also, in case you weren't aware, 1Password 6 for Mac has been retired and is no longer being updated. Any future improvements would require an upgrade to the latest version: 1Password 7 for Mac. You can read more about v7 for Mac here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.