Will Watchtower be made to work with Secure Notes?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Currently Watchtower ignores Secure Notes. I want to move some dead Logins to Secure Notes and to cull the number of old Logins.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Watchtower does not work with Secure Notes. I'm not sure there's anything we could check with them since they're just free form text.

You can see which categories Watchtower does check here: https://support.1password.com/watchtower

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks @Jasper. I will visit the link. Just for a bit of novelty, from 2007/08 to the present, I saved the old Demo vaults for 1Password Mac and Windows which is usually hidden and they are probably going to be flagged by Watchtower.

I am assuming that 1Password for the web don't have Demo vaults as I haven't noticed them?

• You can't generate a demo vault from the 1Password.com web app, but if you have one as part of your account created in another app it would show up on 1Password.com.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

@Jasper, While a demo vault is non essential, I have noticed that the latest additions to 1Password doesn't include them at all. It seems the Android v7 cannot generate them. Older versions of 1Password Mac/Windows and 1Password for iOS can but not the latest releases of 1Password (currently at v7) for Desktop?

It was something to show people without using actual data, for the very rare occasion that I demo 1Password.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Honestly we've moved away from that because there was a lot of confusion from people enabling them and then wondering what that data was, who Wendy Appleseed is, etc. And we haven't really heard from people asking for us to bring them back. On balance, the limited utility was far outweighed by the trouble it caused, unfortunately.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Understood!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

There is always room for improvement. However because Watchtower is reliant on Troy Hunt's haveibeenpwned, the limitation is only one email at a time can be searched.

• Indeed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.