1Passwort does not reload after "Standby" Mode of Mac OS X

Options
soundclub
soundclub
Community Member

Hello,

i am using 1Password with different systems:
1x iPad, 1x iPhone, 1x Windows Desktop and a MacBook

Everything is running fine, the synchronization (1Password Cloud) works between all Systems, but I have noticed a strange behavior on Mac:

Every time I "wake up" my Mac from Standby mode the 1Password App won't synchronize with the Cloud anymore, nothing happens, no Error Message.

I tried to create new accounts, changing some (from different devices) - but if I do it from Mac nothing happens, no sync.
If I change the settings on other systems, the other 3 (Win, 2x iOS) syncs perfectly - but not on Mac....

It seems that 1Password don't reinitialize the connection to the cloud after Standby - I have to force close the whole App (Main+Extension) and have to reopen all - then will it work again as expected.

Is there a way or setting to reinitialize the connection without a restart?

No big deal (for now) since I don't update or create items all the time.

Greetings from Germany

Matthais

1Password Version: 7.2.4 (70204001)
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.3 Beta (18D39a)
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @soundclub! We've noticed this behavior in the past - or rather, gotten reports of it - but been unable to reproduce it on our own devices. The next time you notice it happening, can you try locking and unlocking 1Password for Mac and let us know if that syncs the data?

• soundclub
    soundclub
    Community Member
    Options

i have tried your suggestion but it doesn't work for me neither, a full restart is needed to make it synchronize it again.

like a said before, no big deal, but maybe for reproducing:

under security in preferences i'd turned off the automatic locking in StandBy to avoid a constantly re-login with the main password (my other security forms are enough on mac to avoid an unauthorized usage of my profil)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@soundclub - you can't get data synced by locking 1Password so that you have to re-enter your Master Password (or Touch ID)? That's definitely not correct behavior and in fact, shouldn't even be possible. If it is - or even if you're getting delayed or intermittent sync - I'd strongly recommend having a look at your local network environment (either on your Mac or in the larger LAN or WLAN environment) to see what might be blocking the notifier.

This discussion has been closed.