Previous version of 1Password for iOS 11

Options
sinclair
sinclair
Community Member

Hello,

I am a licensed user of 1Password6. Haven't gone to the subscription model yet of 1Password 7.

But I am very happy that you still provide 1Password6 for macOS for download for you loyal customers that are not ready to upgrade. My problem is the following: you don't provide old versions of 1Password for iOS however.

I got my iPhone stolen, and am now using an old iPhone as a replacement unit. It has iOS 11 and as such cannot download the latest version of 1Password from the App Store.

• I don't wish to update the phone to iOS 12, other software depends on iOS 11.
  • I do not have access anymore to the iCloud account that previously downloaded the old versions of 1Password, so the "past purchases" trick through iTunes cannot work here. It's a brand new iCloud account.
  • I can install any IPA file given to me directly to the phone.

Therefor, I am asking you: Can you provide, in one way or another, the ".ipa" file of your old 1Password software for iOS11. It's nothing special. It's the same file that is hosted on the AppStore, but that I can't access nor find anywhere else.

I can't imagine I'm the only user still on iOS 11 out there...

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@sinclair,

If you had previously downloaded 1Password with the Apple ID that you're using then the Purchases tab would be the place to go, it will offer you the version of 1Password that is compatible with the iOS version you're running.

We do not have any way to provide standalone IPAs that can be installed to customer devices as the App Store signs them when you download them for use on your device.

• sinclair
    sinclair
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am aware of the "Purchases tab" method, and as I described in my message, I am using a new iCloud account, so this option is not available to me.

As I also wrote in my message, I am able to install an IPA directly to my phone, without requiring Apple's signature. So contrary to what you suggested, this is not an issue. If you could just provide the IPA this would help your customers that are not ready to update yet.

• rudy
    Options

@sinclair,

I'm sorry, we don't distribute our IPA outside of the App Store. The only options available are the ones I laid out in my previous post.

• sinclair
    sinclair
    Community Member
    Options

Well that's very helpful... Why would you want to withhold the IPA? You distribute the old version of the Mac application, you could just send it. Can't say that's great customer service. I don't understand why you can't help out your paying customers, it's quite easy really...

I went out searching and got an IPA from app cake at version 6.9.1. Could you at least give me the MD5 hash of the official build so I can confirm the authenticity of my download?

• Ben
    Options

@sinclair

We don't support using 1Password on jailbroken devices. Sorry.

Ben

• sinclair
    sinclair
    Community Member
    Options

Time to ditch 1Password!
    You just lost a customer.
    Your scheme of forcing your user to pay the price of a full license every year is a cash grab anyways.
    Bye.

• Ben
    Options

I hope you're able to find a password management solution that meets your needs.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.