How to straighten out the mess I have made

wellsjacobson
wellsjacobson
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

I have used 1Password for yrson my and my wife's computers and phones. Purchased in the Apple App Store. Recently due to some bug or infection had to do clean install of OSX Mojave at the Apple store. I then started to make problems with download of 1Password. I now have 1Password 7 on both computers and I know my old master password but I don't know how to get a license or subscription or whatever to make it work. If I click on 1Password in the dock I can get to all my logins but if I click on a login it says I need purchase a license. Happy to do so but how? I don't need to download anything I just need a license. Help would be greatly appreciated before I pull out the rest of my hair.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: SSA-83115-839

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

Welcome to the forum, @wellsjacobson! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you want a standalone license and you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you'll need to delete that version and re-install the version from our website, as we no longer sell a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac in the Mac App Store.

You can also subscribe to a 1password.com membership instead of a license - this is a newer way to use 1Password for Mac, and it's the best way for the vast majority of users, due to its many advantages. In the version of 1Password 7 for Mac from our website, either option (1Password membership or standalone license) are available on the Purchase Options screen, which is what you see when you click the Read Only button in any of your items:

Just choose the option that's right for your situation

ref: SSA-83115-839

This discussion has been closed.