sometimes the user name and password fail to open the account...can this be reset?

Options
cjfrank
cjfrank
Community Member

Some accounts do not respond when I try to open them as a regular log in. I've double checked the user name, Password and the web site link and they all seem correct, but the system demands that I manually enter the user name and password each time - it does open then! What can I do to cause the system to reset and work the way it has for the past year? I use 1Password6 as my app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sometimes the user name and password fail to open the account...can this be reset?

Comments

• cjfrank
    cjfrank
    Community Member
    Options

1Password6, version 6.8.9, operating on a Mac Mojave, 10.14.3

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cjfrank - sorry for the delay in our response here. In general, 1Password should work for most sites -- that's what we do, after all. There are a few caveats to that. The first is that, for most sites, you should be using the recommended method to save the Login item. When done that way, most sites should "just work." However, there are a few sites that make things more difficult for 1Password due to the way they're set up (intentionally or otherwise) by the site owners. For these, you can try manually creating a Login item, which will work for the most part on more "difficult" sites. And for that last few that don't seem to work using either method, well, that's why we're here. Feel free to visit the Saving and Filling in Browsers section of this forum and post troublesome sites there. Often, we can diagnose what's going amiss with 1Password's built-in filling/saving logic and create a site-specific fix for it. In a very tiny minority of cases where the site owner has specifically taken measures to defeat the automated entry of sign-in forms, we won't be able to work within those sites...but fortunately, these are significantly rare. Let us know how that works for you!

This discussion has been closed.