"Old" extension no longer supported? Is that true?

I found this in a post (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100815/touchid-on-1password-x):

I've switched to the 1Password X extension in chrome as email support informed me the regular extension was no longer supported.

Is that true? I'm using the 1Password extension in Vivaldi Browser together with the Windows App. Only with the "old" extension it is possible to communicate with the Windows App, isn't it?

When the old extension dissapears from store how to manage passwords together with the Windows App? I would change to 1Password X if it would be able to communicate with the Windows App.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DenalB,

The older companion extension is still supported. Yes I won't deny I've struggled to find time to actively work on it but it's still supported and used and is currently the only extension that works with Safari and Edge. I don't know what the future will hold but the fact that we still support licences with standalone vaults means either 1Password X has to add support for everything the companion extension allows or we need to keep two working extensions.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hi @littlebobbytables ,

it's still supported and used and is currently the only extension that works with Safari and Edge

Nice to read. :)

1Password X has to add support for everything the companion extension allows

This would be the best solution I think. And if 1Password X supports the Windows App then I would change completely to it. ;)

or we need to keep two working extensions

If that's okay for you guys then actually it could be the best.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

No problem, if you have any further questions please do let us know :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

if you have any further questions please do let us know

Sure I will. :)

• :+1:

Ben