Version 6; no update to version 7?

bills4pmc
bills4pmc
Community Member

Hi. I just discovered there is a v7 for Mac. I have v6.8.9, running OS 10.14.2. When I click "check for updates", a message is returned stating that I am running the latest version of 1Password. What gives? Should I not expect an option to update to v7?

Paul

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:latest mac version

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@bills4pmc - 1Password 7 for Mac has been available since mid-May, but since it's a new full-version upgrade that requires an upgraded license purchase, we don't offer it as an upDATE in version 6 because we don't want any of our awesome users thinking we're trying to trick them into installing a new version and then asking them to pay for it.

However, you are more than welcome (invited, even! :) ) to head over to our downloads page and grab yourself a copy of the newest version of 1Password 7 for Mac. After installation, when you run 1Password 7 for Mac for the first time, you data from version 6 will be imported and you'll be asked if you want to get a 1password.com membership/account (which is the best way to use 1Password) or purchase a standalone license, on a screen that looks like this:

Click the option that suits you best, and you'll be able to follow the on-screen prompts to do either one. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.