Missing 1Password icon in Safari

PointNine
PointNine
Community Member

I use Keyboard Maestro to quit, wait 300 seconds and then restart Safari every night (just to free resources). Unfortunately, most of the times when I use Safari the next time it does not show the 1Password icon. Also very annoying is that the 1Password icon in the menu bar will not respond if clicked . Safari cpu usage seems higher than usual during this time.

So far I have found 2 solutions:

Restart Safari manually. Icon in Safari shows up as expected and icon in the menu bar immediately works again.

Go to Safari settings, deactivate and reactivate 1Password again and it also works immediately.

What is causing this different behavior if I restart Safari manually or with another application?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @PointNine

Are you doing anything beyond quit, wait, launch in this script?

• PointNine
    PointNine
    Community Member

No, see the attached screenshot.

• @PointNine The next time this happens, prior to restarting Safari manually, could you get us a diagnostic report from your Mac? Instructions can be found here: Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+roo@agilebits.com.

With your email please include a link to this thread. Hopefully we can uncover some nugget in there that points to why this may be happening to you.

• PointNine
    PointNine
    Community Member

@MrRooni If I try to create a new mail message I get

Trying to drag the icon does not work either. I get the +-sign if I try to drag the icon but when I release the mouse nothing happens.

• Hi there @PointNine. We are aware of that problem and are working on a fix. If you click the report icon it will show you the zip file in the Finder. You can then drag this to Mail to create a new message with it attached.

This discussion has been closed.