Keeps asking to save software license

travisbecker
travisbecker
Community Member

I have 1Password 7.2.4 on my Mac. My wife bought third-party software called Electric Quilt 8. 1Password saved the license into my vault, even though there's really no license information to save. (I wasn't there when my wife installed Electric Quilt so I don't know if she saw any messages during the install.) The item in my 1Password vault is simply the name of the software and the version number. There's no license key to save, as far as I know.

But now, whenever I start 1Password, it asks "You already have a software license entry for Electric Quilt 8. Do you want to create another entry?" Create New, Cancel, or Update Existing

If I click Create New, it duplicates it. And still asks again the next time I start 1P.

If I click Cancel, it doesn't add anything, but still asks again next time.

If I click Update Existing, it still asks next time.

When I delete the item from my vault, 1P creates it automatically the next time I start 1P. But after that, will keep asking about creating another entry.

How do I get it to stop asking to save to my vault?
Travis

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @travisbecker ,

Usually dragging an app to the 1Password icon will cause it to add the app to the licenses category. It seems that action is somehow saved and is triggering each time your start 1Password.

Can I ask how you are starting 1Password? Do you click it in the Dock, double-click in the Applications, or other means?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• travisbecker
    travisbecker
    Community Member

I usually start it by either clicking in Applications, or via the Firefox extension. Either way would ask about the license.

But, just now I tried dragging the Electric Quilt icon onto the 1Password and now it no longer asks about updating the license. So it seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@travisbecker - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad we helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, we can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, please keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.