How do I reconcile an iOS vault with a Mac 1PW7 vault?

drdreds
drdreds
Community Member

I recently had lots of problems with iCloud on my Mac. So I turned off the iCloud Documents and Desktop but kept it on for every thing else. After several weeks of troubleshooting, the Apple senior advisor recommended I erase my HD, do a clean install of High Sierra, restore only the data files with Time Machine and reinstall apps. During this process, I decided to upgrade to 1PW 7. After it loaded it all of my PWs, it became apparent that I had updated some PWs on my iOS devices which got synced to the iCloud, but did not get transferred to the new 1PW 7 vault which does not sync to iCloud.

What is the best way to reconcile these two vaults? Thanks in advance for all advice!

1Password Version: 7.2.4 on Mac, 7.2.7 on iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iOS = iCloud; Mac = ?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2019

@drdreds ,

There's no method available to automate this, so you'll have some manual work to do.

You can sync your iCloud Keychain passwords to your Mac, and from there, you can use the GetSafari##Passwords script from the converter suite to get those out of iCloud (via Safari). From there, you can convert the resulting CSV file via the csv converter into a 1Password 1PIF file which you can import. Then, you can compare your Login entries against those in 1Password.

The converter suite has documentation that will walk you through the process of export/convert/import.

Hopefully this at least eases some of the pain.

• drdreds
    drdreds
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It is quite a complicated, mulitstep process. Knowing me I would mess it up. Is there any way I can do it manually?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@drdreds ,

I'm not sure there's an easy answer here, but let me ask for clarification anyway.

Was your Login data in an older version of 1Password, syncing via iCloud? Or did you mean above that your login data was in Safari (and syncing with iCloud). I had assumed you meant the latter, but as I re-read your post, I'm now thinking you meant the former. I'm just trying to get clarification on which app/system was storing the data.

I think the best you are going to be able to do is get your data into 1Password (regardless of whether it was in Safari/iCloud, or 1Password synced via iCloud) and visually compare the records for differences.

• drdreds
    drdreds
    Community Member

Actually, that is exactly what I ended up doing. It turned out that I had only a few new passwords. Thanks for your advice!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

That’s great to hear, @drdreds !

This discussion has been closed.