question about duplicates not answered in forums

juliang
juliang
Community Member

Upgraded from 6 to 7. On one computer I told it to import the database from version 6, because it had stuff that wasn't already in my account. Originally I had ~1200 entries; now I have ~2400. Then I updated my idevices. They got very confused, and both of them now have ~3600 entries. This is untenable. How do I get the database shrunk to be usable?

Comments

• Hi @juliang ,

Are these duplicates all in the same vault, or are some in your Personal vault, and some in your previous Primary vault left over before switching to an account?

If the duplicates are in the same vault, switch to that vault (e.g. Personal, not "All Vaults"), and go to the Help menu and choose Tools, then "Clean Up Duplicates" - it should then remove them.

If they are in different vaults, and only show up as duplicates when you switch to "All Vaults", please let us know.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• juliang
    juliang
    Community Member

Whew! That took care of a mess. The duplicates were in my Personal vault, but the Clean Up Duplicates command took care of it. I'm back to what I was used to in version 6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@juliang - glad to hear it! On behalf of ag_kevin, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.