Password request form to 3rd party

stephantran
stephantran
Community Member

We're often in a situation where clients need to provide us with passwords, which we (of course) never want to do in the clear. This may be a feature request, but is there a way (through a web page or other) to request a password from a client that would then become a 1P login? Similar to what DropBox does with its files request?
Thank you,
Stephan

1Password Version: Team
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password request

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stephantran - that's two questions, sort of: 1) is there a way to do this currently (answer: only in certain circumstances), and 2) could there potentially be a way to do it in the future? That's a more-difficult question, since we'd need to make sure to be able to do it securely, and there are a number of issues involved with that. It's certainly something we can look into, however.

For the present, a real solution for this would be to temporarily invite the client(s) as guests to your 1Password Business account, then they could create items in 1Password in their vault which you could also access. If they're not 1Password users or don't want to be guests...or if you don't use a 1Password Business account, then one potential workaround for this would be to have clients send you an encrypted text file via email containing the information, then send you the decryption password for it via another channel (telephone, text message, etc). Beyond that, I really don't have any ideas beyond what I'm sure you can come up with yourself. There are ways to do this in 1Password...but not if both parties aren't able (or willing) to do what I described above.

This discussion has been closed.