1P7 doesn't work on W7 multiuser systems

Options

Hi,

I have 2 users on my W7 64bits. An Admin user and a Standard user for security reasons. I use Admin user only for administration tasks like installations and uninstallations and the Standard user for all operations with all the applications. I've installed 1P7 under Admin but I have not access to it under the Standard user.

The .exe file for 1P7 is under the %LOCALAPPDATA% of the Admin user, so the Standard user will not have access to it.

What can be done in order to get access to 1P7 from the 2 users ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 64 bits Home Premium
Sync Type: On line

Comments

• Hey, @Carmelo! This is actually as expected. 1Password installs for the current user only. Reason being that two separate people may use one PC and each of them will want to see different 1Password data (and prevent the other user from seeing their data), so keeping everything in the user folder allows for each user to have their own 1Password settings and data. If you install 1Password normally (not as admin) for each user and sign in to your account on both user accounts, you should be all set from there. Of course, if you have any questions, ask away. I'm happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.