terrible performance on 1P 7

Zortrium
Zortrium
Community Member

I was a relatively late adopter of 1Password 7 (was using 6 until maybe a month ago). Unfortunately, the most significant difference I'm seeing in v. 7 is extremely slow performance. Filling web logins regularly causes a 3-5 second delay, during which time 1Password is running at 100% CPU. Given how often I'm invoking 1P, this is a major day-to-day annoyance. I see this behavior on all my machines, including a top-of-the-line iMac Pro. I never saw delays anywhere close to this on v.6. My vault is reasonably large but not terribly so, I think (about 80 MB).

Is there any advice for solving this? The multi-second hang every time I fill a password is driving me nuts.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Zortrium - I'm sorry for the trouble! 100% CPU and 3-5 second delays are certainly not expected (nor acceptable) behavior. It's also not something we're receiving a lot of user feedback on either, though, nor something we're experiencing in our own setups. And if you say this is happening every time you use 1Password, then I'd like to get a closer look at your specific setup. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#YLS-93326-495]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Zortrium only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: YLS-93326-495

This discussion has been closed.