I have upgraded to a Mac with haptic touch pad, and now 1Password will not fill forms.

kent23124
kent23124
Community Member

I am using a new mac, and 1Password will not fill forms when I use the touch pad. I have to copy and paste. It will not even open a window in a browser. The touch pad works properly everywhere else.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have upgraded to a Mac wiht haptic touch pad, and now 1Password will not fill forms.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@kent23124 - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can I ask what you mean by "touch pad?" Are you referring to Touch ID? The trackpad on your Mac? Something else?

You should certainly not be having to copy and paste from 1Password into your browser, so there are a couple of things to check:

1. In 1Password 7 for Mac, both your browser and 1Password must be installed into the main Applications folder due to sandboxing restrictions. If either application is anywhere else (such as ~/Applications), filling and saving will be disabled.
    2. 1Password has not been authorized by either applying a standalone license for version 7 or by adding one or more 1password.com accounts into 1Password for Mac.

Is either of those a possibility?

• kent23124
    kent23124
    Community Member

Thank you, yes I mean the trackpad. I have the app installed, as well as the browser extensions and 1Password mini. All have been working fine on the previous iMac and were working on this MacBook Pro, although I have had a learning curve with the new trackpad.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kent23124 - thanks for the clarification. Are you still having a problem using 1Password 7 for Mac on the new MacBook Pro? The trackpad is a bit outside of what we're able to assist you with, but there should be no difference between using it and using your keyboard; we've had no reports of 1Password being unresponsive to the trackpad. If you're still having troubles, would you mind elaborating a bit? If not, great, and have a good rest of your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.