New User, New Problem

jmp
jmp
Community Member

Success - I am trying out 1Password and installed the X extension in Firefox on my Windows 10 PC and my two Macs. I also installed it on my iPhone. Works great.

Fail - So now I have installed the app on one of my Macs but I can't sign in. Each time I open the app it asks for my master password but it won't take it. I know it's correct because I just signed in to the app on my iPhone to verify it's correct.

Solution? - This MAY be due to me trying this app out once before but deleting my account. Is it possible some credentials got cached on this Mac and it wants my old password? I checked Keychain Access and searched for 1Password but no luck.

Once I get this resolved I have another issue with my wife's account I need to ask about as well.

Thanks!

1Password Version: current
Extension Version: current
OS Version: current
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• jmp
    jmp
    Community Member

Okay I fixed it. Sort of. I opened 1Password on my Mac and went to Help/Troubleshooting/Reset All 1Password Data and that got me able to sign in. But now my vault is blank. Does this app not sync with my web extensions and the cloud when I go to the 1Password website? It shows my vault, it's just empty for some reason.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jmp! It looks as if you're already in communication with my colleague Tyler via email, so let's please keep the conversation going in that venue, rather than try to solve the same problem in multiple places at once. That tends to cause confusion and increases support times for everyone (including you). Thanks for understanding! :)

This discussion has been closed.