I reset all 1Password data now I can't empty the trash

scojet
scojet
Community Member

I have been trying to clean up several vaults and merge them all, since I could not get 1Password to remove a vault I went to Troubleshooting and Reset All 1Password Data, however when I restored my iCloud account I see there are 755 items I had deleted, the items are all Read Only and I am unable to delete them one at a time or by using the Empty Trash... menu, how do I remove all these items in the trash?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I reset all 1Password data now I can't empty the trash

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @scojet! If you're in Read Only mode, that will be because you're using 1Password 7 for Mac without having either added a 1password.com membership/account to 1Password or purchased/added a standalone license. Without one of those things, 1Password 7 hasn't been purchased and therefore is in Read Only mode. In Read Only mode, you can unlock your data, but you cannot add, change or delete any items. If you click the Read Only badge that you'll see on any of your items, you'll be taken to the Purchase Options screen, where you can choose either to subscribe to a new 1password.com membership, or purchase a standalone license:

Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.