Attempted to write a read-only database [1Password 6]

This discussion was created from comments split from: attempt to write a readonly database.

Comments

• Dupic
    Dupic
    Community Member

hello , i get the same trouble and followed your recommandations , but nothing change ... can you help me ??

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Dupic! If you followed ag_kevin's instructions specifically and that didn't help, then we'll probably need to get a diagnostics report from you to check other potential issues. But before we do that, since you only wrote the one sentence, can I ask you to describe the nature of the problem and what exactly you've done so far to address it? Also, can you tell us:

1. What specific version of 1Password you have installed?
    2. What specific version of macOS you're using?
    3. What specific version of browser you're using (and what browser(s))?
    4. What specific version of 1Password extension you're using in the browser?
    5. What method of sync you use? (Dropbox, iCloud, 1Password account, etc)?

Thanks! :)

• Dupic
    Dupic
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thx for you help
    my password 6.8.9
    OSX Mojave 10.14.2
    Firefox
    1password Mini 4.7.3.90
    Icloud
    note that I can use 1password on my Iphone normaly (same account )

THX

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dupic - thanks for the additional information. If the data in 1Password for iOS on your phone is up-to-date, and you're syncing via iCloud, then please try the following:

1. On your Mac, in 1Password, click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data (note: this will delete all your 1Password data, so be sure you don't have any data here that's not already in 1Password elsewhere.
    2. When you re-start 1Password, it will be as if you are a new user; follow the prompts to use iCloud as your data source.

Let me know how that works for you! :)

• Dupic
    Dupic
    Community Member

ok but it says that its going to reset all my data on Icloud ? I dont wan't that ?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dupic - then you're not choosing the correct option. Do NOT reset/delete the data in iCloud. Click the link I indicated, please:

• Dupic
    Dupic
    Community Member

Sorry ! (it's in french for me ! )
    But i can't activate this option (grey letter)

• @Dupic

Sorry about that. If using 1Password 6 for Mac then 1Password must be locked in order for the option to be available. It will not work if 1Password is unlocked. Also please note that 1Password 7 is now available:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.