Chrome and iOS app have all my data, mac os app does not

Options
whosthekid
whosthekid
Community Member

Hi!

Setting up my business partner on 1Password for the first time. Chrome extension has her logins stored correctly and accessible. As does iOS app. For some reason, none of her logins are showing up in the Mac app. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.14
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome and iOS app have all my data, mac os app does not

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @whosthekid! It sounds very much as if your business partner has a 1password.com membership, and you've got that signed in within 1Password for iOS and 1Password X in her browser, but you've created a standalone vault instead, in the 1Password 7 for Mac app. Could that be the case?

If so, to solve this, you'd want to have her launch 1Password 7 for Mac (if it's not already) and click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data - this will remove her (already empty anyway) data from 1Password 7 for Mac and quit 1Password. Re-open 1Password for Mac and click the "1Password.com" button under "Used 1Password before?" to sign into her 1password.com account:

• whosthekid
    whosthekid
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be my situation!

I added another login for another website for her since my post. This one I created the login from within the Mac OS app first and then copied and pasted to update the password on the website. As soon as I did that, the missing login appeared in the Mac OS app. So I thought the problem was resolved. Then, when I went back to the Chrome extension to confirm both items were there, only the login I created from the Chrome extension was there — the one I created in the Mac OS app was not.

In terms of vaults, I've confirmed all 1Pass clients are referencing the same vault. Now the Mac OS app and the 1Pass website both show all of her logins. Weirdly, though, Chrome still only show the one created in Chrome. I am so confused.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@whosthekid - OK. At this point, I think we need to take a closer look at what's where on her various devices. I'd like to ask you to have her create some diagnostics reports, one from each of her devices.

Please have her add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of her diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#LFQ-58858-246]

This will link her diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let her know what I find out. Please note that the above is something you cannot do for her. You can help her create the diagnostics reports, but I'll need to speak directly with the person whose account is registered, from the email she used to register it, in order for me to discuss it at all.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Whosthekid only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: LFQ-58858-246

This discussion has been closed.