1Password doesn’t do anything

Options
bugmo
bugmo
Community Member

My wife has a long-standing issue with 1Password on her MacBook Pro. At times, when trying to login to a site using 1Password, nothing happens - no error message, nothing appears in Safari’s address bar, nothing.

I have found two things that clear this up:
1) Copy the login entry in 1Password. The new entry works without any changes.
2) Clear the browser caches, restart Safari.

How can I resolve this?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bugmo - I'm sorry for the trouble! I'd need a bit more detail on specifically what was taking place: how specifically is your wife using 1Password to sign into these sites? Is she double-clicking a Login item from the main 1Password window? Invoking the 1Password mini from a keyboard command or her Mac's menubar? Manually typing the URL of the site into Safari and the clicking the browser extension? Using a bookmark in Safari? Does this happen reliably on certain sites only, or is does it happen randomly on any site? Have you kept records of what sites this is happening for? What version of 1Password extension does your wife have installed in Safari? Thanks in advance for the additional information.

• bugmo
    bugmo
    Community Member
    Options

She is using the Safari browser extension, version 4.7.3. It happens often on becu.org but not “reliably.” Unfortunately I only hear about it after the fact.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bugmo - so, looking briefly at the BECU site, it appears they're adding some tracking/ID cruft at the end of their Microsoft ASP sign-in page. When I clicked the "Online Banking" link off the main page, I was redirected to https://onlinebanking.becu.org/BECUBankingWeb/login.aspx -- but it also added this extra cruft, resulting in https://onlinebanking.becu.org/BECUBankingWeb/login.aspx?_ga=2.265177295.1908022124.1550260243-1754301786.1550260243. However, removing everything after .aspx (from the ? forward) resulted in the page loading just fine. If your wife's Login item for BECU includes the cruft, it may be that this expires after a while, resulting in some of the non-functionality she's experiencing. I'd see if she can use these instructions to re-save her credentials manually, and try replacing the saved URL with the "clean" one I gave earlier in this reply. See if that helps any.

• bugmo
    bugmo
    Community Member
    Options

The login url ends with .aspx.

I saved a new login per instructions, we’ll see if that fixes the problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.