Extension size in chrome

13»

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Feb 2019 reported.

I still see the Scrollbars in the Popout.
    Would like to see a fix for this.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wusticality – Thanks for the bump! I don't have any updates at the moment, but I'll let my team know you checked in on the issue.

ref: dev/core/core#223

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz – I'll pass your message along to the 1Password X developers. Thanks for your input.

ref: dev/core/core#223

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member

Thanks kaitlyn, it's currently unusable if you want to have your default zoom at anything but 100%. :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @wusticality. :+1:

• c__
    c__
    Community Member

I'm also running into this now; if Chrome's default zoom is 150%, I get the horizontal scroll problem. If I lower the default zoom to 125%, the horizontal scrollbar goes away (good). (Obviously, I only set it to 150% because that's the most legible size on my new hidpi 2nd monitor.)

Not a lot to add other than "it'd be nice if this got fixed." :-)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @c__ :chuffed:

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Hey @dteare,

Is there any way that this issue can be fixed? I currently cannot use 1PasswordX with zoom set to 150% in Chrome. It's getting very frustrating, this issue has been present for months. Has there been any update on this, and / or is it possible to get this bug back into the queue?

Thanks so much and for making such a stellar product.

Kevin

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wusticality ,

Thanks for checking in on this! Much appreciated. It doesn't look there are any news on this issue at the moment, but I pinged the developers and asked about the status of it.
    I do appreciate you for taking the time to write about it here, and thank you for the kind words as well :)

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_yaron, that'd be incredibly helpful, the extension is really unusable otherwise. :/

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wusticality ,

The developers are taking another look at this, but it seems like it wasn't handle for a reason up until now. There are some logical inconsistencies in how the browser handles zoom which prevents them from wanting to mess with it any further. For example, you can set the default zoom of the browser, but then you can manually adjust the zoom level of every tab separately (using Ctrl/Cmd +/-), but the zoom level of extensions is not affected by it. Instead, extensions are always set to the browser's zoom level that is set in the browser's preferences.

If the logic was more consistent, it would have been possible to zoom in/out in extensions popups as well, or the extensions popups would have been affected by the tab's zoom level instead of the browser's settings etc.

I hope we'll have some better news in the near future as we keep exploring options. There are some changes planned for our extensions and hopefully they'll allow for better control over such things :)

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member

Is there anything on the docket for this? It's unusable at the moment, I can't access half of the extension's features on the right :(

• avspinball
    avspinball
    Community Member

After the update I now have a new slider to move the right side up and down but still no working slider to move to the right. I did notice that the extension is not as magnified as the browser so I can see most of what I need to use it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wusticality and @avspinball ,
    The latest update (which was released yesterday) indeed resolves most of the zooming issues and everything you need to see in the extension is visible and usable. It's not perfect, but it is a major step forward that will allow you to use the extension even if you're on 150%-175% zoom.

There will be scrollbars on the side and bottom but they're not usable. But we've moved things around and you should have access to all the necessary buttons and functions, none of them should be out of reach now. Do let us know if that is an improvement over how it acted before where some buttons were out of reach :chuffed:

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron, thanks for the update, it's useful to be able to access all parts of the extension, please pass my thanks along to your team. :)

Do you expect to find a way to remove the scrollbars in a future release?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @wusticality :)

We do hope to improve the UI when zoom is in place in the future, but right now it was important to just get things working in a way that would allow users to use the extension properly.
    We hope that this fix will do for now, until we get around to improving the entire thing. :+1:

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member

Absolutely, thanks again :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of our devs, you're most welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.