Syncing option gone on 1PW7?

IanF
IanF
Community Member

Hi, I had to do a clean install of my Mac. All is fine. I installed 1PW7 and entered my account details and great everything appears on my Mac app. However, under preferences I see no sync option and no option to change the location of the vault. I have previously used Dropbox to sync and now I am confused as to where my data is stored, how to back it up and who/what is doing the syncing?
Thanks Ian

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@IanF - I'm sorry for the confusion, but glad to hear all is fine with your Mac. In 1Password 7 for Mac, if you also took the occasion to upgrade to a 1password.com account, your data is stored on and synced via the 1password.com servers, instead of Dropbox or iCloud. In other words, this is handled for you, instead of you being responsible for setting up and maintaining 3rd party sync. It's one of the benefits of 1password.com accounts. :)

We also take care of backing up your data; and in a much more detailed (not to mention cool as heck) way called Individual Item History. With it, you can restore individual items to their previous state. Hope that helps! :)

• IanF
    IanF
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation, I understand now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@IanF :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.