CSV Import Mac 1Password 7.2.4 - only one line at a time?

ipmerku
ipmerku
Community Member

Hi,
I am trying to import license data from an old application, got the https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/ article and prepared my csv file. Looks like I am not able to import the lot, but only one line at a time. Tried Unix LF, Windows CRLF and MacOS CR legacy to no avail, only one line at a time.
Any idea if there is something I am missing?
Thanks, Igor

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:csv import

Comments

• Hi Igor,

Any of those line endings should work.

Does your CSV file open in Excel or Numbers? If so, try opening it there and saving it out again. Perhaps there is a syntax problem somewhere that is breaking the import.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ipmerku

If Chad's solution doesn't work for you still, use the csv converter in the converter suite . It has debugging aids that can help if something goes wrong. You'll have more flexibility with it as well. You don't have to worry about encoding or line endings.

Ask if you need help.

• ipmerku
    ipmerku
    Community Member

CSV_PP ERROR: 1012 - INI - the header contains an empty field @ rec 1 pos 0

Hello guys, I appreciate your comments and help.
    I have downloaded the converter and tried to convert my file but it gives me an error.

In a second attempt I took just the first line in a separate file and tried to convert that, same error. But I can import that file with the single entry into 1Password without problem.
    Any idea?

Thanks, Igor

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @ipmerku ,

Please look at first row. The converter ReadMe instructs you to add specific header column names. Did you add those? The error is indicating you have an empty value in one of the header cells.

• ipmerku
    ipmerku
    Community Member

Hello MrC,
    thanks for your quick reply.
    Yes, silly me, I did not read the instructions for the converter in a thorough manner, so I missed the header row part (as of the link in my first post, there was no mention of a header row, so I did not have one).
    In the meantime I have adjusted the Numbers document (cleaned some old lic's out), exported to csv and converted with the converter to a 1pif file... and imported into 1Password with success.

Grand!

Cool stuff! Thanks a lot for your kind and professional help.
    Cheers, Igor

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ipmerku ,

Excellent, and you’re welcome,

Enjoy 1Password!

• ipmerku
    ipmerku
    Community Member

Thanks. I do enjoy 1Password ... it's a good comrade and friend for years ...

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Happy to hear it ipmerku. Take care. :)

This discussion has been closed.