It fills my username to the password field on a web site

Hello,

It fills my username to the username field, but also to the password field on login.youforce.biz website.

Name of the password field is pwdinhoud1

How could it be resolved?

Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I renamed the name of saved field on 1Password to pwdinhoud1 and it works now. Is it a good solution, or should I also report it to you?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @koraykupe,

Can you remind me what version of 1Password and the extension you use please. My brief testing just now couldn't reproduce the issue and the page itself appears to be quite clean so I'm disappointed that any version of 1Password didn't get things right there.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Extension: 4.7.3.90
    1Password 7.2.4

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @koraykupe,

Weird. That's the combination I just tested. Can you see if you can reproduce the weird behaviour after saving an entirely new Login item using our How to save a Login manually in your browser steps for me please.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I've added a new login item manually as you said, but it is the same...

The exact page is: https://login.youforce.biz/aanmelden/aanmeld.aspx

I've just realized that it doesn't work if you select 'Nederlands'

It just works if the page is English.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @koraykupe,

I can't understand why I can't reproduce. I tried everything again, confirming Nederlands was selected and when I instruct 1Password to fill it fills both fields. It's definitely filling the password into the password field as well as I've checked just to make sure. I can't figure out. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome as well just in case there was a browser difference.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Interesting. I am not sure. Would a screen record be helpful for you?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @koraykupe,

Sometimes a screen recording can help if we're struggling to understand or if we think some subtle, hard-to-explain or non-obvious clue is being missed because we didn't know to ask. This though feels pretty straight forward and your description would seem to be detailed enough.

Let's try something different though. Here is a dummy Login item I created using 1Password in Vivaldi. Can you start by:

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.

Try filling with this item in its current unaltered state. Does it appear to fill both fields correctly? Due to the length of the password compared to the username even though you won't see the value placed in the password field you'll be able to tell what it did.

If it fills correctly as it does for me can you try entering edit mode in 1Password and replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials before saving. If you try to fill does it still work?

If that item works but you're still able to easily reproduce the bad behaviour with a new Login item that you save can you try saving a new one once more for me please but this time use the values user and peekaboo for the username and password. Confirm your item still doesn't fill correctly. After doing so could you locate this dummy Login item in 1Password and click the View Saved Form Details button. Now take a screenshot of the full item for me please. As the item contains nothing real showing me what 1Password saved won't run any risk of accidentally showing anything real and sensitive/personal.

This discussion has been closed.