1Password X not working in Firefox 65.0.1 on Mac (Sticky post read)

Greetings!

Upon clicking the 1Password X icon, I see a blank new page for the extension.
As the sticky sais, I'm not using privacy mode and the history is saved.
Still, no luck

Browser console says "TypeError: $Y is null"

Tried with all other plugins disabled - still no luck.
Reinstalling did not fix the problem too.

Halp pls.

1Password Version:
Extension Version: 1.14
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Firefox 65.0.1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @eugenweissbart,

I wonder if you might try a second, clean profile and see if the issue persists there as well. Mozilla have a support page on this topic and it's available at Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles. You'll need to install and set up 1Password X again given it's a completely different profile. Do you see the same issue there as well?

• eugenweissbart
    eugenweissbart
    Community Member

Hm, the new profile doesn't have this issue

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @eugenweissbart,

That does suggest we've narrowed things down which can never be a bad thing.

I suspect refreshing your real Firefox profile would probably see things work given this. The downside is as part of the refresh Firefox will delete all of your current extensions and you would need to re-install them all again. If you only have a small handful that may not be too much hassle. If that sounds like a reasonable next step then Mozilla's support page Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings will help as the page itself as a button to kickstart the process.

Refreshing the profile won't affect things like bookmarks or certain other data stored by Firefox for you but it will clear a number of things which their support page covers.

• eugenweissbart
    eugenweissbart
    Community Member

That did it, thank you!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Sweet! I'm delighted that @littlebobbytables was able to help get everything working! 🎉

If you run into any other issues – please let us know – we are always here to help! 💙

This discussion has been closed.