Who/what are Serenity and Duplicity?

nils_enevoldsen
nils_enevoldsen
Community Member

1Password license icon

1Password 7's license icon contains words in the background. I can read ONEPASSWORD SEVEN, as well as what I assume are some lucky employee names, KYLE, MATT, DAN, ANDREW, CHAD, KEVIN, and maybe RUDY. But I'm very puzzled and curious about SERENITY and DUPLICITY. What are these? Or is it a secret…?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Well spotted. :) I believe those may be secret... perhaps even from me! Ha! I can't think off the top of my head what those represent, but I'll see if I can find an answer.

Ben

P.S. Yes, Rudy is one. Most are names of our 1Password for Mac developers / designers. :+1:

• nils_enevoldsen
    nils_enevoldsen
    Community Member

I know y'all have more important things to do, but I'm curious whether you ever discovered this answer.

• Still a mystery. :)

Ben

• 8-)

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

@rudy, your password had better not be "serenity duplicity". Perhaps I will bribe @danvpeterson with FroYo to find out what this is all about.

• danvpeterson
    edited July 2019

🙉🙊🙈

• I love that you noticed this! 😘

I'll give you a hint to satiate your curiosity: while writing code and designing new screens its super helpful to have names to refer to for the multitude of various projects we have going on. Other than that I can't say much. 🤫

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

An Easter Egg! Nicely done and well spotted. It must be a Mac thing as 1Password licenses are Mac only? I've not really looked for Easter Eggs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ha! And I was thinking maybe we were using the Wordlist generator to fill some whitespace. :lol:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:tongue:

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Serenity now!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

So Firefly after all?

What about Duplicity?

• I'll give you a hint to satiate your curiosity: while writing code and designing new screens its super helpful to have names to refer to for the multitude of various projects we have going on. Other than that I can't say much. 🤫

;)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:unamused:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Really?

I actually searched for the term "Duplicity" on imdb.com and found that movie, but did not think it might be the answer.

(While Firefely/Serenity immediately seemed socially acceptable in nerd/tech crowds... :wink:)

• Really?

No, not really. :tongue:

Ben

• @Ben,

Really.

• Okay, fine. :tongue: But also.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Well, one needs inspiration for code names...

Like Apple used ski resorts for a while: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apple_codenames

In fact, they apparently also used "Serenity", for Swift Playgrounds.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Works for me. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.