Enhancement Request: Auto Login to X if already logged in to desktop app on windows?

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there a way if when X is installed and user has desktop app also to which user is logged in, user need not have to log in again to X? X automatically determines that you are a valid user logged in already. Or we also support two different logins at the same time one for X and the other for the desktop app??

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Abhijit,

This is something we're working on. We have something in beta on the Mac and in time I'm sure support will come to 1Password for Windows as well.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

OK. That is good to know. And our younger child analogy for 1Password for Windows against Mac applies here too. :)

I wish I had a Mac.

Thanks littlebobbytables!!

Abhijit

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I used to be solely a Windows user many years ago and I've never felt the pull after my first Mac. That of course is a whole different discussion and one with a wide range of stances :lol:

We definitely won't want to have 1Password for Windows without it for too long once we've got all the kinks sorted out on the Mac.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Great to know. I wish myself also in the MAC bucket.

Thanks for listening to me, much appreciated. Empathy towards customers is most important.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, we have fun on Windows too! ;) On the plus side, developing this first on macOS will give us on Windows the benefit of that development effort, so hopefully it won't take as long as it does the first time. Cheers! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I can not agree more Brenty that we have fun on Windows too as I am using it from 2013. :) I was just responding to the comment "I used to be solely a Windows user many years ago and I've never felt the pull after my first Mac. ".

Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Totally! You have a great weekend too! Rock on! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.