Update to 7.2.5 failed

Options
mghg
mghg
Community Member

Today I received a push notice to install an update of 1Password 7. I accepted the notice, but the installer stopped and displayed the message "Update failed: Failed to find the version of the installed 1Password application."

I have tried to check for updates but 1Password 7 answers "You are up to date" and when checking the version number the response is 7.2.5 which I believe is the latest version.

I have restarted the computer but the problem remains: The 1Password Updater program is in the Dock and responds "Update failed" when opened.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update failed

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @mghg!

Are you maybe clicking on the updater icon from your Mac dock? If so, I believe you are seeing the "Recent Applications" section that was introduce in macOS 10.14. If you are running 1Password 7.2.5, you are already on the latest version and you don't need to launch the updater again. Because you are already on the latest version of 1Password, the updater doesn't have anything to update :)

So everything is fine, but I understand how the error message could be confusing.

I hope this helps!

ref: apple-2877

This discussion has been closed.